As part of this work and in recent years, Lady Gifty has been humbled by the increasing levels of interest and support in her personal and charitable endeavours and partnerships. It has caused her and her team of specialists to dedicate more time and resources to the urgent calls for help and support from within communities in need.
Lady Gifty began her life in humble beginnings in Ghana West Africa where she was happy and settled as part of a prayerful home, born to parents who held education, perseverance, family and faith as their core principles. Her way of life and sense of community left a reassuring pull to one day be a source of justice, hope and encouragement to people less fortunate.
Today she is a qualified and practising barrister in both the UK and Ghana. She is a Committee member and the Chairperson of the Membership Committee of the International Criminal Bar Association – ICCBA, a board member and the UK Chair of the Heritage and Cultural Society of Africa, and an advisor to the Diaspora African Forum which is a diplomatic mission with an important objective to support the African Union in its vision towards the unification of its people from around the world for the betterment of Africa.
She is also a patron of the Kyabobo Girls’ School in Nkwanta South District in the Volta Region. This is an all girls’ primary and secondary school in Ghana established by a UK Charity Organisation in collaboration with the Tunbridge Wells Girls’ Grammar School TWGGS, UK. In addition, she is a Trustee of the WMO in the UK and the Sickle Cell Support Organisation – UK.
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Energy Institute
- Listed Counsel at the International Criminal Court – The Hague
- The International Bar Association
- The International Chambers of Commerce, Ghana
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitration
- The Ghana Bar Association
- Executive Member of the Ghana Hungarian Business Council- GHUNBC
- Board Member of GHUFA
- HACSA Foundation
- Diaspora African Forum
- Black Star Award by the Blackstar Network-UK – Law category
- UK based Global Professionals Achievers (GPA) Awards 2008 – Law category
- GUBA Award – Best Professional, 2011 and 2013
Lady Gifty Tetteh is a frequent speaker on Human Rights issues and women empowerment initiatives. Her professional and charitable pursuits expose her to the very real and urgent needs of others wherein she is often compelled to take direct action.
I encourage you to follow her on social media where you’ll learn more about her upcoming events and appearances.